Thursday, July 22, 2021

Historical Theology Series

A few years ago, in my evening service teaching times at my church, I launched a series of historical theology studies, and I'll be posting one of them here each week. The series runs from the first century through the nineteenth century and examines some of the great questions of Christian theology that came up across the grand sweep of church history, from Paul's disputes with Judaizing Christians to the denominational diversification of the 1800s. The series gives insight into some of the most important questions of Christian theology in an entertaining, narrative-based way, and helps to explain the origins and positions of the many diverse communities within Christianity today. As with my Heroes of the Faith studies, each post will include a set of notes and a link to an audio lecture. While the notes contain some useful information, please listen to the audio lecture for the best experience of this series.