Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday Synaxis

O God, watch over me always, in my work, in my words, in the thoughts of my heart.
O God, have pity on me, in this world and in the world to come.
O God, have pity on me, for I have sinned against you like the mortal that I am; but, kind and gentle Master, forgive me…
O God, do not show me the anger that my sins and misdeeds deserve...
O God, your Word was made flesh for me; for me he was crucified, died, was buried, and on the third day rose again. Bind me to you!
O God, do not let me give way to disloyalty. May the Enemy find nothing in me that he can call his own.
O God, sharpen my will. May it be like a sword and cut all sinful thoughts out of my mind.
O God, as you calmed the sea with a word, so drive out the evil passions from my sinful nature. May sin die down and disappear from all my members.
O God, grant that my heart may always be pure and my faith orthodox forever, yes forever. Amen.

(Shenute)