A Note to My Readers -
I've decided to remove my Sunday posts from the weekly cycle. Although I hope they've been of benefit to some of you, they are necessarily secondary to my regular work of sermon preparation each week. I've found that having that extra post to write simply added to the burden of my work. For those readers who would still like access to my weekly work in Scriptural exposition, I would ask them to access the podcasts of my sermons (available through a link in the sidebar), since that remains the primary form of my Bible teaching each week.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Saturday Synaxis



For this day’s sins, O God, grant us mercy:
For sloth that wasted the hours
Or for haste which outran its benedictions;
For fear that frustrated bold hopes
Or dullness that took everything for granted;
For anger that burst forth destructively
Or indifference that smothered the soul;
For suspicion wrongly held
Or for trust cheaply betrayed;
For indecision which avoided the evil
Or for compromise which disguised it.

- Samuel Miller

No comments: