A Note to My Readers -
I've decided to remove my Sunday posts from the weekly cycle. Although I hope they've been of benefit to some of you, they are necessarily secondary to my regular work of sermon preparation each week. I've found that having that extra post to write simply added to the burden of my work. For those readers who would still like access to my weekly work in Scriptural exposition, I would ask them to access the podcasts of my sermons (available through a link in the sidebar), since that remains the primary form of my Bible teaching each week.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Love's Constancy (Haikus on the Ordered Life)



There must be balance

Somewhere in between burnout

And lax indolence



But if this is true

I still struggle to find it

In my daily life



When I do it all

Every project on my list

There’s joy in labor



But joy becomes stress

In a few frenetic weeks

Then fades to languor



Sloth leads to boredom

Which sparks me to my labors

Thus the cycle goes



Oh, help me, sweet Lord

To do the things I can do

In love’s constancy

No comments: