Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Upcoming Trip to England


In lieu of normal posts this week, I wanted to give a sneak peek at an upcoming series on this blog. Next week (Aug. 1) I'm beginning a two-week trip to England, designed as both a mini-sabbatical and a work trip to present an academic paper at a patristics conference. Along the way, I'll be seeking out two of my favorite things in the world--birds and old churches! My trip will include a walking pilgrimage to Canterbury, a stopover at the old anchorite-church of Julian of Norwich, and visits to upwards of fifty different churches and cathedrals which tie into the story of English Christianity through the ages. I'm hoping to post about the journey as I go, at least in the way of uploading some pictures and a pilgrimage itinerary, so keep your eye out for that starting toward the end of next week.