Friday, May 14, 2021

Writing Update

As some of you know, I've been trying to juggle three separate writing projects this spring: (1) researching and writing my dissertation in theology, (2) writing a theology book on our Christian identity as God's royal priesthood, particularly as seen from the perspective of the early church fathers, and (3) preparing a devotional memoir for publication, which centers on the story of my recent pilgrimage to Israel.

I'm happy to report that progress is being made: I finished writing the final chapter of my theology book today! I have a couple more months for edits and rewrites before I send it off to the publisher, and then they'll start their part of the work. Though it's exciting to finish a major step in the book, I'm not expecting that one to be available in print until next year. The publishing house that has accepted it, Wipf & Stock, also publishes some poetry collections, so I'm curious to see if this book might let me get a foot in the door towards getting my Evangeliad published someday.

As for my devotional memoir, I'll be reviewing some final editorial notes over the next few days, and then that one is off to its final round at the publisher! I don't have a timetable on it, but I am hoping and expecting that one to be available this year, perhaps soon. It'll be called "Wings over the Wall," from North Wind Publishing. Thanks to my faithful readers for your support and encouragement!