Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday Synaxis


(Painting: "The Old Pilgrim," by Pietro Bellotti, c.1660)

Take me often from the tumult of things
Into Thy presence.
There show me what I am,
And what Thou has purposed me to be.
O King and Savior, what is Thy gift to me?
And how may I use it to Thy pleasing?
Dear Lord, you alone know
What my soul desires,
And you alone can satisfy those desires.
Lord, show me the right path;
Find me the fitting task;
Give me the willing heart.
May I be equal to Your hope of me.
If I am weak, I ask that You send only what I can bear.
If I am strong, may I shrink from no testing
That shall yield increase of strength
Or win security for my spirit.
I trust in Thee, O Lord.
Thou art my God.
My times are in Thy hand, my times are in Thy hand.


- from Celtic Daily Prayer, by the Northumbrian Community