Monday, January 10, 2022

Quote of the Week

 As a rule, I don't use my own quotes for these Monday Maxims. However, I'm making an exception this week, since my new book--my first theology book--just came out (Who We Were Meant to Be).


"Weekly church services are the main venue for our main responsibility as human beings. In our role as God's royal priesthood, we serve as worship leaders for all of creation, representing the chorus of nature's praise before the Father. We serve as intercessors, bringing the needs of the world before him. And we serve at the forefront of the eternal, angelic symphony of worship beyond all space and time. If we abscond these high and glorious duties, no one else may do them for us. There are no other creatures in all the universe endowed with the same grand vocation." (p. 112)