Friday, August 20, 2021

My New Book - Now Available for Pre-Order!

  

The first of my two publication projects is now ready for pre-order! I'm happy to announce that my pilgrimage memoir, Wings over the Wall, is off to the printers, with an anticipated release date of Oct. 1. Regular readers of this blog will remember that the book's genesis was a running series of posts here on The Peace and the Passion, as I ruminated over my experiences on a trip to Israel in 2018. I've added quite a bit of devotional and biblical reflection to that narrative for the book, so that now the story is not only a retelling of my experiences, but an invitation to the reader to embark on their own a pilgrimage into the Gospels. I had a few advance readers look it over, and here are a couple of their endorsements:

 

“Burden finds spiritual meaning in nooks and crannies most of us miss. From the Temple Mount to an old pew in Maine, here is a paean about paying attention... With an eye on the birds and a heart toward heaven, Burden's Wings over the Wall effortlessly soars above the rest.”
- Dr. Eli Knapp (Houghton College),
author of The Delightful Horror of Family Birding
 
Wings over the Wall is a book for Christians who yearn for a closer walk with God. For those who appreciate sharing quests, Burden invites you into much of his life’s pilgrimage. For folks who can only dream of visiting the sacred sites in the Holy Land, this book will transport you there in your imagination. For those who have been privileged to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, you will be reminded of what you experienced and humbled by what you missed, as I was.”
- Rev. Dr. Scott Dow, owner of Transformation Travel, LLC
 

You can pre-order your copy now by going to my publisher's website: northwindpublishing.com. While it will also be available on Amazon and other major retailers upon its release (Oct. 1), I would encourage anyone who can do so to buy directly from North Wind Publishing, as this is the most direct form of support for both author and publisher. (Nonetheless, even if you don't buy it from Amazon, please consider leaving a rating or review there if you are an Amazon user, as this helps considerably.) Thanks to all my readers for your support and encouragement!