Friday, January 15, 2021

Social Media Connections

Tuning in to the echo chamber

With the upcoming publication of not one but two books this year, I'm trying to be a bit more active on social media. I'm not really wild about social media platforms in general, but publishers tend to want their authors to be available to interact with readers as widely as possible. In this age of digital connections, the social media world has become the most effective marketplace. So to my readers here on the blog, I wanted to let you know where you can find me out there in the wastelands of inch-deep interactions:


Instagram - You can find me at matthewburden05. I try to post something daily, often a bit of my own photography, and I'll also periodically show updates on my writing and academic work. Feel free to follow my account.


Twitter - I'm really not sure how active I'll be on Twitter, but I'm giving it a shot. If nothing else, it's a fairly easy way for me to pass along quotes and thoughts of substance from some great Christian thinkers. Once my books come out, I'm sure I'll do some promotional work there. So if you're on Twitter, give me a follow: @matthewburden05.


Facebook - I only tend to "friend" people I know directly, but most of my posts are public, so if you have a Facebook account, you should be able to check in on my content there from time to time as you like: facebook.com/matthew.burden.50. This feed tends to include more personal updates than do Twitter or Instagram. Even if you don't have an account, you can still access a lot of the videos I do for the church: daily calls to prayer, Bible studies, and worship services. These are on the church's public page, facebook.com/calaisbaptist.


Goodreads - You can check out my author page here (just search for my name, and click on it under any of my book titles). I'll likely be doing more interaction on this site once my books start coming out this year.


Thanks!