Tuesday, August 04, 2026

New Song: "One Day at a Time" (Serenity Prayer)


This is an updated version of a song I wrote years ago, based on the classic "Serenity Prayer," and now set to a new tune. 

Disclosure: The lyrics and the lyric video are entirely my own original work. But since I don't have access to collaborating musicians for production, I've used online music generation tools for the vocals and instrumentation on this audio track. I want to support real artists and musicians, so I've chosen not to monetize or promote AI-assisted audio like this— I will not put it on any streaming platforms, and the YouTube video is unlisted rather than public. It is only accessible here, via my personal blog, as a kind of demo: a sample of what my lyrics might sound like when performed with full instrumentation. It is shared in this limited fashion for my own local parishioners and for devoted readers of my poetry. If you're a musician interested in partnering on a project like this, I'd love to hear from you. (thepeaceandthepassion@gmail.com)

One Day at a Time (Serenity Prayer)

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I can't change; 
And courage to change the things I can 
If it lies in my power today. 
And over both of these virtues, 
Grant the wisdom that I will need 
To know the difference between the two, 
When striving or when I'm at peace. 

[Chorus] 
I'm living my life one day at a time, 
Finding joy in each moment God gives. 
I'm taking this world as Jesus did; 
I'll live as he taught me to live. 

God grant me grace, that I'd accept 
The hard road as a path to peace; 
And though this world is full of sin, 
Let me trust in your sovereignty: 
For you will make all things turn right 
As I surrender to your will; 
To be happy here, and one day soon 
With your endless joy to be filled. 

[Chorus] 

God's grace for every day, 
Amen, let it be. 
God's grace in all my ways, 
Amen, let it be. 

[Chorus x2]