Monday, July 20, 2026

Another Original Song: "Hosanna to Our King"

 

This is a reworked version a Palm Sunday song I wrote a few years ago. Enjoy!

Hosanna to Our King

Lift up your heads, O gates!
Be lifted up, O doors!
The King of Glory shall come in, 
So hail your mighty Lord!

[Chorus] 
Sing hosanna amen, hosanna amen, 
Let the praises ring! 
Bless the name of the One who reigns,
Hosanna to our King!

So sound out endless praise,
For the Son of David reigns!
All honor, strength, and majesty
Be unto his great name! 

[Chorus]

[Bridge] 
Let the mountains rejoice 
And the rocks cry out;
Let the trees clap their hands 
And the people shout:
For the King is coming! 
The King is coming! 
The King is coming to reign! 

So let hosannas ring!
All praise to Christ our Lord! 
May he be always, everywhere, 
By everyone adored. 

[Chorus]

Disclosure: The lyrics and the lyric video are entirely my own original work. But since I don't have access to collaborating musicians for production, I've used online music generation tools for the vocals and instrumentation on this audio track. I want to support real artists and musicians, so I've chosen not to monetize or promote AI-assisted audio like this— I will not put it on any streaming platforms, and the YouTube video is unlisted rather than public. It is only accessible here, via my personal blog, as a kind of demo: a sample of what my lyrics might sound like when performed with full instrumentation. It is shared in this limited fashion for my own local parishioners and for devoted readers of my poetry. If you're a musician interested in partnering on a project like this, I'd love to hear from you. (thepeaceandthepassion@gmail.com)