Friday, September 10, 2021

A New (Old) Book

As I announced a few weeks ago, I'm working on releasing some out-of-print and hard-to-access books through self-publishing avenues. I'm happy to announce that Flora Searles' 1900 novel, The Scarlet Ribbon, is back in print for the first time in more than a century! As you can see from the picture here, I'm using a different imprint for this book, called "Attic Shelf Classics." I'll be employing the ACS imprint to bring back some lost novels of the late 1800s and early 1900s, including a few by yet another Second Baptist Church author.

This particular book, however, holds a special place for me, since Flora Searles was my great-great-(great?)-aunt. In addition to this, her one work of fiction, she was also a published poet. The novel is an interesting read, rather typical for its day, but with some interesting characters and a plot that includes just about equal shares of drama, romance, and mystery. This volume is a reprint of the 1900 edition, and it's now available in both paperback and ebook (Kindle) forms. Feel free to check it out if you like!