A Note to My Readers -
I've decided to remove my Sunday posts from the weekly cycle. Although I hope they've been of benefit to some of you, they are necessarily secondary to my regular work of sermon preparation each week. I've found that having that extra post to write simply added to the burden of my work. For those readers who would still like access to my weekly work in Scriptural exposition, I would ask them to access the podcasts of my sermons (available through a link in the sidebar), since that remains the primary form of my Bible teaching each week.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Benediction


Here's a quick little poem-prayer I wrote back when I was in college:



Benediction

May the peace of Christ be with you,
      In your comings and in your goings.
May the True Spirit direct the journeying of your heart,
      And may His loving care enfold you.
May the Living God be your shield on the day of battle,
      And may He defend you with His strong right arm.
Now and always, wherever you go.
Now, and always, wherever He leads you.
                                    Amen.

No comments: