A Note to My Readers -
I've decided to remove my Sunday posts from the weekly cycle. Although I hope they've been of benefit to some of you, they are necessarily secondary to my regular work of sermon preparation each week. I've found that having that extra post to write simply added to the burden of my work. For those readers who would still like access to my weekly work in Scriptural exposition, I would ask them to access the podcasts of my sermons (available through a link in the sidebar), since that remains the primary form of my Bible teaching each week.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Quote of the Week

"Confucius," by an unknown artist, c.1770
Here's a quote from the ancient Chinese sage Confucius, speaking about "Absolute Truth" in almost exactly the same terminology that theologians would later use to describe God himself (an example of Paul's argument that the attributes of God are knowable even without the benefit of special revelation--Romans 1:20).

"Absolute Truth is indestructible. Being indestructible, it is eternal. Being eternal, it is self-existent. Being self-existent, it is infinite. Being infinite, it is vast and deep. Being vast and deep, it is transcendent and intelligent. It is because it is vast and deep that it embraces all existence. It is because it is infinite and eternal that it fulfills and perfects all existence."

No comments: