Friday, February 01, 2019

The Quest for the King (Full Novel)

This short novel, written mostly in 2018, originated with a set of bedtime stories that I made up to tell my children. At the end of my storytelling, my oldest son asked me to write it down in book form. It falls in the same class of books as C. S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia and Madeleine L'Engle's Wrinkle in Time series (though rather nearer the bottom of the list than those two exemplary works). It is a fantasy-adventure story, somewhat allegorical, and so it follows some of the comfortable tropes of that genre: it tells about three children who embark on a quest to find and restore the rightful king to the throne. The scenes below have only undergone minor proofing and editing, so it is still very much in draft form: please excuse any errors that might pop up along the way. But, all in all, I'm pleased with how it came out, and I think it makes for an enjoyable read. (Please note that the scenes below represent the copyrighted intellectual property of Matthew Burden, and may not be copied, altered, or reproduced in any way without the author's consent.)

Links to All Scenes